So I had the pleasure of being invited to a fantastic event in NYC called Getting Gorgeous. It was a day of pampering for bloggers and allowed us to talk one on one with the brands that so many of us ladies use on a daily basis. Bryner Chevy in Jenkintown, PA loaned us 9 vehicles for the day! I, along with Melissa from Table 2 and a Half, Veronica from Baby B Designs and Andrea from PARENTise, got the chance to test out the brand new Chevy Equinox while enroute to an event. Talk about two birds with one stone. The car drove like a dream. There was a USB for our iPhone/iPod, XM radio and OnStar to guide our way. I was able to zip through NYC traffic and park with no problem. Our most favorite feature in this car was the backup camera. We all squeeled when it turned on. Definitely a must-have when in NYC.
What is Getting Gorgeous?
The best person to answer the question is the co-founder of the event, Audrey McClelland. She spoke to my camera yesterday in the midst of it all to explain:
There were so many products, services and highlights from the day that I wanted to share with you all, but for time’s sake, I am going to list only my Fab Five:
1. Amy Tara Koch, stylist and author of “Bump It Up” was in the house! She was transforming the countless “bumps” and “non-bumps” into fashionistas. She basically took my black button down, unbuttoned it to show some more skin, added a cardi and a skinny belt. Now why didn’t I think of that?
2. Pish Posh Mommy Stuff – Kopal, one of the creators of this invention was on hand to explain what this amazing product is:
3. Belli Skincare is one of BellyButtonBoutique.com’s vendors. It was wonderful to meet with them face to face and talk about the product line as well as some upcoming projects.
4. Flip Out Sandals – I would actually wear these bad boys. The bedazzlement isn’t so ridiculous that I feel like I am wearing a chandelier on my feet, so I love ‘em.
5. Sarah Potempa is a celebrity hairstylist who’s hands have run through the manes of Minka Kelly, Selma Blair and Emmy Rossum. She is a new mommy and gave a tip for moms who stress about their hair:
And just for giggles, my girl Roo from Nice Girl Notes getting her hair “did”. The expression is priceless!